Are you having trouble sending direct messages to someone on Instagram? There are many reasons for it, and it is time for you to explore them. Maybe you’re receiving the ‘failed to send’ message. There are plenty of reasons why Instagram sends messages stuck for you.
With so many users having the problem, we have decided to create this guide. It will help you fix the issues. So, let’s jump right in:
Why Is Instagram Message Stuck On Sending?
The first step to solving the issue would be to find out the ‘why?’ In other words, why are you facing such an issue? If you can figure out the reason behind the problem, it will become easier to fix it. Let’s take a look at the common issues:
1. It Could Be A Server Problem
As an online app, Instagram runs on a server. It has a server for various functions. So one of the leading causes would be if the servers are down. In this case, you won’t be the only one facing the issue. Several people in your area will face a similar problem.
There can be various reasons for server connection problems. It could be downtime for server maintenance or a hacking attempt. There have been instances in the past where Instagram got attacked.
It could also be a problem on your end. Your ISP or internet connection is failing to establish an uninterruptible connection. As a result, it is failing to communicate to the server.
2. The App Could Be Bugged
A bug comes in various forms in an app. It could prevent you from sending messages, stop loading the content, and so on. The best way to fix a bug is to check for updates.
If there aren’t any updates, restarting the app also works. You can even soft-reboot the entire device (your smartphone). If none of these work, you can try clearing Instagram Cache for temporary bugs.
3. You Were Restricted For A Spam
Yes. This is a possibility on an Instagram app. The moderators and admins can quickly ban you for spamming the messages. This happens if you show the same message continually. Maybe someone complained about you.
Getting banned on Instagram via IP or Account could also be the reason. In these cases, you most likely have to send a formal request. Either that or create a new account.
If you message too many people frequently on Instagram, you can get banned. Your message sending activity could quickly be banned especially if people report it. If you use any automatic messaging tool, you will face a similar problem.
4. Someone Has Blocked You
Is your Instagram message stuck only for a specific person? Is it working fine for other people? Then there’s a huge possibility that the person blocked you. Yes, there is a restrict and block feature on Instagram.
All you need to do is search for their account. See if it appears as ‘Instagram User’ or something similar. If that’s the case, they either blocked you or deactivated their account.
5. You Have Multiple Accounts
Some people like to have more than a single account. There could be various reasons for it. It could be that you’re running different pages, like meme pages and such. If that’s the case, you could run into the issue.
Try switching the accounts a bit and see if the messaging is working.
Solutions To Send A Message On Instagram Stuck
- Relog Into Your Instagram Account
- Check The Server Status
- Check For The App Updates
- Try The PC App Or Web App
- Use A Different Device
- Diagnose Your Connection Issues
- Use A VPN
- Clear The Instagram Cache
- Deactivate And Reactivate Your Account
- Contact The Instagram Help
Solutions For Instagram Messages Stuck On Sending Problems
1. Relog Into Your Instagram Account
Let’s start with the simplest solution. You might want to relog into the account. It is one of the best-known methods for solving the issue:
- Click on your Profile Picture in the bottom-right corner. (Tap on it)
- Next, select the menu in the top-right corner. This will open an array of options – choose the Settings.
- Next, scroll down and click on the Log Out button. If you have more than one account, repeat the steps for them.
- Next, completely close your Instagram app and restart your phone.
- Once you restart, launch the app and log back in. You need to know your username and password to do so.
2. Check The Server Status
If you’ve tried various steps, but nothing seems to work, the server might be down. When the server is down, you and many other people will face a similar issue. You can conveniently check the server status:
- All you need to do is search for the ‘Instagram Server Status’ on Google.
- It will show you several popular sites like Down Detector.
There, you can conveniently check the server status. People actively comment on it to provide insights on the server. If the server in your country is down, you can try another one through a VPN.
3. Check For The App Updates
Was the server not down? But the previous fix didn’t work either. In these cases, the problem could be related to updates. If you have an automatic update, it should do the job. But sometimes, these automatic updates get stuck. In other cases, you might not have wifi, and the update might stop. So, you will have to update the app manually:
- First, open the respective app store of your smartphone. It can be the Play Store or App Store.
- Search for Instagram and select the official one. See if an Update button becomes available. If it does, go ahead and download it.
There is also a beta version available for Android users. You can give it a try.
If the update doesn’t occur or fails, you can uninstall the app. Reinstalling Instagram will automatically download the latest version.
4. Try The PC App Or Web App
Instagram isn’t only available in the form of an app. You can still visit the links on your browser. There’s an option for using a Web browser app or Windows App to use Instagram. This app works similarly to the original smartphone app:
- Launch your respective browser. It can be Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or whatever.
- Visit the official Instagram website.
- Log in to your account and see if the messaging is working there.
You can also visit the Microsoft Play Store or Mac Store to download the Instagram app if it is available. Repeat the process for them.
5. Use A Different Device
There’s a huge possibility that there’s some compatibility issue with your device. It could be due to faulty system files or some settings that you don’t know about. As a result, you can try any solution, but it won’t work. So:
- Try to use another device like a different phone or PC.
- See if you can connect to Instagram and use the messages there.
- If you can, then the problem is in the device. You will have to reset your other device if reinstalling Instagram doesn’t work.
- In some cases, it could be an IP Ban. If that’s the case, you won’t be able to use Instagram’s direct message or an account on another device.
6. Diagnose Your Connection Issues
There’s a huge possibility that the problem lies on your end, in your internet connection. So, try a couple of diagnoses:
- If you’re using a WIFI, switch to a cellular device. Similarly, try to connect with another internet service provider, if available.
- See if you’re getting enough speed and that your provider isn’t causing the problem.
- Run the troubleshooter for the network. For your Android or iPhone device, turn on the airplane mode. After that, turn it off and see if that fixes the issue.
7. Use A VPN
This method is excellent if Instagram is banned or down in your country. If the server is down or unavailable, VPN allows you to change the servers.
In simple words, you can easily connect with a server from another country to use Instagram. It is not illegal, and you maintain anonymity. All you need to do is install a premium VPN service provider.
Make sure to use premium services because the free options might have many problems. They could end up infecting your system with malware. So, keep these points in mind.
8. Clear The Instagram Cache
Your smartphone has internal storage dedicated to storing cache and data. This applies to various apps, including Instagram. Even iPhone users face a similar problem. If you are running low on storage space, this can pose many problems.
If you have files cached for too long, it can pose many problems. So, it is a wise choice to clear the cache of an app:
- First, go to the Settings of your Android Device. Next, find the App Management option. It could be the ‘App & Notifications’ option. In the list, find the Instagram app and select it.
- You can also just long-press on the Instagram app Icon (wherever it is on your phone). Doing so will open mini-tools for you, and you have to select the ‘info’ icon.
- Both options will lead you to that app’s details and information.
- Now, you will see the ‘Storage’ option. Go for that option. At the bottom, there could be a ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’ options. Click on the Clear Cache one.
- Now, relaunch the app and see if this solves the issue.
- If it doesn’t return and click on Clear Data and Clear Cache, both.
Remember that if you clear the data, your Instagram app will lose everything. You will have to relog into the account, and everything will take time for you to load again.
The above-given step only works for Android users. iPhone users don’t have an option to clear cache or storage. They will have to reinstall the entire app. Even Android users can choose to reinstall the app.
9. Deactivate And Reactivate Your Account
Sometimes, deactivating and reactivating the Instagram account does wonders. It can help you reset the account information and the status. Thus, you can re-access a lot of lost commands. Remember, this is not a surefire way, and it might take some time before you can reactivate the account. But, this is certainly worth giving a try.
- You will have to log into the Instagram account on a website. The app doesn’t allow you to deactivate the account. So visit Instagram on your web browser and log in to the account.
- Next, click on your profile and find the Edit Profile button.
- In the edit, you will see ‘Temporarily Disable My Account’ in the options at the bottom.
- You might have to answer or give a reason. After that, you will have a deactivated account.
Temporarily disabling the account lasts for a while. You can return after a few days. See if this works. If you don’t have patience, you can always create a new account.
10. Contact The Instagram Help
Did nothing work for you? It’s time to approach the professionals. You can directly contact Instagram Help. For this:
- Open Instagram > Go to your profile > Select Menu > Settings > Help > Report a problem.
- Among the options, select ‘Something isn’t working.’ They will ask you to describe the issue.
- The more information you provide, the better. Next, click Send.
You will have to wait for a while before someone from Instagram contacts you again. They will most likely have a solution for your problem.
Conclusion – How To Send Messages In Instagram That Are Stuck
This wraps all the solutions for the Instagram messages stuck on send. We hope that you found the best fix for your issue.
Instagram is a great app, but it is far from perfect. You can use the other apps and see if they help you solve the issue.
FAQs – Instagram Sending Stuck For Messages
What Is The Instagram Stuck On Sending Messages Error?
It is an error where you send a message, but it is sending. But, the other person will never receive the message. The message might get delayed. In some cases, it might show ‘failed to send.’
Why Can’t I Send Messages On Instagram?
There are many reasons for it, from connection issues to server issues. The other person would have blocked you. Instagram also blocks people that appear to be a bot or pose bot-like behavior. So, these could be some of the reasons.
How To Fix Sending Instagram Messages Stuck?
The best way to fix it is to check the connection and then reinstall the app. If that doesn’t work, you can contact the official support. They will help you out. Usually, being patient works as the issue gets resolved automatically in most cases.
How To Get Unblocked On Instagram?
The only way to get unblocked on Instagram is by requesting the person. You will have to contact them through other methods. But you run the risk of getting blocked on those mediums, as well. It all depends on the other person. There’s no way for you to unblock yourself.