Call of Duty is well-known among gamers, as are its flaws and mistakes. Despite being a successful game, it is not without flaws and problems. Like any other game, COD has faults and bugs, and one of them is Dev Error 6034.
When a gamer tries to launch Modern Warfare on Xbox and receives the dev error 6034, the problem occurs. The problem appears on practically every Modern Warfare map and isn’t confined to a single one.
You’re not alone if you’re experiencing the Call of Duty dev error 6034 on Xbox One, PC, PS4, or PS5. Many people are experiencing the same issue. Follow this guide to get rid of Dev Error 6034 issue.
Causes Of Call Of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6034?
Any of the following could be to blame if you’re getting the Call of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6034 on Xbox One, PC, or PS4/PS5 at random:
- By chance, a dev error like 6034 occurs. Others may see error 6034 as a result of a random problem in the COD Modern Warfare game.
- It signifies that your machine may have a specific problem that causes the game client to misbehave.
- Dev Error 6034 isn’t widespread, and most Call Of Duty Modern Warfare players aren’t affected.
- Keeping the system refreshed is a straightforward approach to fix potential random issues. So, if you get an error code, make sure to restart your computer.
- If their COD Warfare or Warzone game files are corrupted, Dev Error 6034 may occur. This may occur for a mixture of reasons, including third-party app interference.
- System updates may also cause the game to crash or fail for no apparent reason in other cases.
- You might be dealing with corrupted game files if COD Modern Warfare started acting up after updating the game or your Windows OS.
- Scanning and repairing the game files is an excellent way to deal with problem codes in Modern Warfare or Warzone.
- Running obsolete or out-of-date graphics card drivers can cause problems while gaming. You should keep your GPU drivers up to current at all times.
- Companion software for NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards keeps driver updates running in the background.
- You can still manually check for new drivers, especially if you’re getting Dev Error 6034.
Methods To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6034?
- Clear The Reserved Space Of The Game
- Clear The Cache Of The Xbox
- Uninstall Game’s Add-Ons And Data Packs
- Repair Game Files
- Change The Router DNS Settings
- Reset The Xbox To The Factory Defaults
- Reinstall Modern Warfare Game Completely
- Update GPU Drivers And Windows OS.
- Install Games Updates
- Clear Alternate Mac Address Xbox
- Update Gaming Console
1. Clear The Reserved Space Of The Game
The reserved space is used to store the game’s patches and updates. However, if the game has trouble accessing the reserved space, it may display the Dev Error 6034. Clearing the reserved area of the Modern Warfare game may cure the problem in this case.
- To access the game menu in Xbox, hover over Modern Warfare and hit the Options button.
- Select Manage Game and Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Modern Warfare 2 Manage Game & Add-ons on Xbox, go to the Saved Data menu, and open Reserved Space in the left pane.
- To clear the reserved space, select Clear Reserved Space and confirm.
- After that, reboot your console and see if the Dev Error 6034 has gone away.
- Check if removing the files from the game vault in Modern Warfare’s Saved Data tab fixes the problem.
2. Clear The Cache Of The Xbox
If the Xbox One’s cache is faulty, Modern Warfare 3 may display the Dev Error 6034. In this scenario, emptying the Xbox’s cache may be the solution.
- Allow your Xbox to shut down by pressing the power button ultimately.
- Remove the power cable from the rear of the Xbox and the electrical outlet. After that, wait one minute.
- Remove the power cable from the Xbox’s back.
- Reconnect the power cable to the Xbox’s back and socket.
- Then wait another minute, or until the white light on the power brick turns orange if you’re using an Xbox One.
- Now turn on the Xbox and check if the error 6034 has been resolved.
3. Uninstall Game’s Add-Ons And Data Packs
Due to conflicting data from game data packs or add-ons, the Modern Warfare game may display the Dev Error 6034. Uninstalling the game data packs or add-ons may cure the problem in this case.
If you are prompted to purchase a game after deleting an add-on, you can clear the Xbox’s mac address and restart the console to resolve the issue.
- To access the game menu, hover over Modern Warfare in Xbox and press the Options button on your Xbox controller.
- Select Manage Game and Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Then go to Add-ons and uncheck the checkboxes for the data packs listed below.
- MP2 Pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (size 9.1 GB)
- Multiplayer Pack 3 for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Size 3.4 GB)
- Now save your adjustments and turn on your Xbox.
- Check if the Xbox is free of the Dev Error 6034 after restarting.
- If the problem persists, try uninstalling the following packs to see if it helps:
- MP Pack 3, Data Pack 2, Campaign and Spec Ops Pack, MP Pack, Data Pack 1, Survival Pack, High Res Pack 1, Resolution Pack, MP Pack, Data Pack 1, Survival Pack, High Res Pack 1, Resolution Pack
- Reinstall the Multiplayer pack (6.0 GB) to see if that fixes the problem.
- Whether the problem persists, try reinstalling the packs from the Store to see if the Dev Error 6034 is resolved.
4. Repair Game Files
- Open File Explorer on the computer and go to the game’s installation folder.
- Now open Battle.net and choose the COD Modern Warfare game to play.
- After that, go to the Options menu located beneath the game’s name.
- Select the Scan and Repair option, then Start Scan.
- The procedure will now start. It will download the missing files and make a new copy of the ones that have become obsolete.
- Launch the game to see whether it resolves the Dev Error 6034 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
5. Change The Router DNS Settings
Modern Warfare may display the Dev Error 6034 due to an incorrect or inefficient configuration of your console’s DNS settings. Changing the DNS server to OpenDNS or Google DNS may resolve the issue.
By switching to a different Domain Name Server, some PC users were able to resolve the issue. They switched from the default one provided by their ISP to one provided by Google or OpenDNS. Here’s how you can put it to the test on your computer:
- Go to the Start Menu and type View Network Connection in the search box.
- Then pick Properties from the right-click menu on the network you are presently connected to.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 from the drop-down menu and click the Properties button.
- Now choose Input the following values and use the following DNS Server addresses.
- If you want to utilize Google DNS, type this into your browser:
- Preferred DNS address: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS address: 22.214.171.124
- Use the following value for OpenDNS, on the other hand:
- Preferred DNS address: 126.96.36.199
- Secondary DNS address: 188.8.131.52
- Finally, press OK to preserve your changes. Now try launching Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to see whether the Dev Error 6034 has been resolved.
6. Reset The Xbox To The Factory Defaults
If the problem persists and you continue to receive the dev error, the error could be caused by a corrupt Xbox OS, which can be resolved by resetting the Xbox console. Make a backup of any critical information or data before continuing.
- Select System from your Xbox One’s Settings menu.
- Select Console Info from the Console Info menu.
- Then, to reset the console, select Reset and Keep My Games & Apps and confirm.
- Reinstall the Modern Warfare game after the console has been restored to defaults, and the Dev Error 6034 should be gone.
- You may require to reset and remove everything from your Xbox to fix the dev problem 6034.
7. Reinstall Modern Warfare Game Completely
If the game’s installation is corrupt, Modern Warfare may display the dev error code 6034 on Xbox, and reinstalling the game may resolve the issue. With 200+ GB of material to download, this is a time-consuming operation. Make a backup of the critical game data before continuing.
Select Modern Warfare from the Games menu in the Xbox Settings.
- Now press Menu and pick Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Uninstall All to finalize the Modern Warfare removal and finish the process.
- After you’ve removed Modern Warfare, reset your console and reload it, making sure only to install the following:
- Base Game for Modern Warfare
- Second Multiplayer Pack (22.1 GB)
- Pack for multiplayer (6.0 GB)
- Multiplayer and Special Ops modes are included in this set (6.7 GB)
- Restart the game to check if the Dev Error 6034 has been resolved.
8. Update GPU Drivers And Windows OS
Graphics drivers are required for the game to work smoothly on a PC. If your GPU driver is corrupted or obsolete, you may experience COD Dev Error 6034. As a result, make sure your graphics driver is up to current.
- If the GPU driver is out of date, you can upgrade it by following the procedures below:
- Open the Run, press Windows + R then type devmgmt.msc and then click Ok.
- Select Display adapters from the Device Manager window.
- Select Update Driver from the choices when you right-click on the graphics driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software in the following pop-up box.
- Windows will now look for an updated driver and install it for you automatically.
To avoid any system issues, the operating system must also be upgraded. If you haven’t updated your Windows 10 PC in a long time, you’re likely to get the Modern Warfare Dev Error 6034.
- You can follow these methods to update your Windows 10 computer:
- Press the Windows + I keys together, then select Update & Security.
- Select the Windows Update tab from the left-hand menu.
- To check for updates, click the Check for Updates button.
- Windows is presently looking for fresh updates.
- If a new update is available, download it and install it on your computer.
- Restart your computer after installing the update.
9. Install Games Updates
It’s no surprise that you’re having problems if the game is outdated. In this case, you’ll need to update the game to avoid any errors or problems.
PlayStation, follow the instructions below:
- Return to the PlayStation home screen.
- Then, press the Options button and select COD Modern Warfare on your controller.
- Select the Check For Update option now.
- Install any new updates for your game that are available.
Xbox One game updates:
- To access the menu, press the Xbox button.
- Make a selection of options.
- Select Updates & Downloads from the drop-down option.
- Select the option “keep my games and applications up to date.” If you keep this option selected, your Xbox One games will be updated automatically.
10. Clear Alternate Mac Address Xbox
After eliminating the Alternate Mac Address on their terminal, some users were able to spell success. Once, your console will reboot. Review if the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6034 has been resolved.
- Select Settings from the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller.
- Make a selection for Network Settings.
- Advanced Options should be selected.
- Select Alternate MAC Address from the Change Settings menu.
- Select the “Clear” Option.
- When prompted, allow the console to restart.
11. Update Gaming Console
Updating the console is the next option for fixing Dev Error 6034 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and 5. Many customers resolved the issue by updating their Xbox One and PS4/PS5 consoles. As a result, it should hopefully work for you as well.
- On the PlayStation, go to the home screen.
- Go to the Options tab.
- System Software Update should be selected.
- Allow the console to apply the system updates now.
- Finally, the PlayStation 4/5 should be rebooted.
Xbox One Update:
- To access the menu, press the Xbox button.
- Go to the Options menu and select Settings.
- After that, navigate to Updates & downloads.
- If you see “Console update available” under Updates, it signifies that a new software update for the console is available, and you can pick it up to do a manual upgrade.
- However, if your console does not have any new updates to install, you will receive the following message: There is currently no console update available.
Call Of Duty MW dev problem 6034 has been reported by several PC and Xbox One users. COD Modern Warfare Dev Error 6034 can occur for several reasons, the most common of which is corrupted or unreadable game data. After following all the solutions listed above, You will fix the Dev Error 6034 error.
How Do I Fix Dev 6034?
To access the game menu in Xbox, hover over Modern Warfare and hit the Options button. Then go to the Saved Data tab and open Reserved Space in the left pane. After that, reboot your console and see if the Dev Error 6034 has gone away.
How Do I Fix Dev Error On Modern Warfare?
Select Properties from the right-click options of the Modern Warfare Application on your desktop. Go to the Compatibility section. Mark “Run this program as an administrator.” Execute the software as an administrator. Click the OK button. Check if the problem has been resolved, launch Modern Warfare.
What Causes Warzone Dev Errors?
The Dev Error 6034 warning indicates a DirectX issue, indicating a graphics-related problem. In other words, you could be running an out-of-date or malfunctioning graphics driver. So, before you do anything more challenging, make sure you’re running the most recent GPU driver.
Why Do I Keep Getting Dev Error 5573 On Xbox?
The dev error 5573 appears to be caused by a game problem, but other factors can also cause it. When the GPU drivers were not updated, the game was not updated, there was a problem with the internet connection, or game files were corrupted, the error occurred.