You’re a writer who wants to make sure that your writing process is the best. You may wish to use a grammar checker, but you may have heard of the most popular one, Grammarly, and been disappointed with it.
Except for its costly subscriptions, Grammarly is an excellent proofreading tool. The only reason a Grammarly alternative that is free or less expensive is gaining popularity is this.
Best Free Grammarly Alternative Premium Tools Windows, Linux, Ipad (Pros And Cons)
- Microsoft Word
- Slick Write
- Google Docs
ProWritingAid, a Grammarly alternative, is the first language editor in the lineup. It is a feature-rich style editor and grammar checker that outperforms Grammarly in terms of cost.
ProWritingAid has more features than any other document editing software on the market. It includes several functions that are exclusive to our product.
- ProWritingAid can assist you in improving your writing and communicating your ideas more effectively.
- Our copy editors have hand-coded thousands of rules to cover the essential style improvements you may make.
- Suggestions, descriptions, videos, and quizzes in the app help to improve your writing skills as you write.
- Nothing erodes an author’s credibility faster than spelling and grammar errors. Clean, error-free writing should be submitted.
- Our contextual thesaurus and Word Explorer can assist you in finding the right words.
- ProWritingAid works with Microsoft Word/Outlook, Google, Scrivener, Office, and Final Draft, permitting you to edit wherever you are writing.
- Our Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari browser extensions enable you to check your work on any website, like Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Medium, Wattpad, etc.
- Individuals and groups can use ProWritingAid to develop their style guides and dictionaries.
- With 1000 grammatical, spelling, and readability corrections supplied in real-time as you write, you can enhance your writing quickly and effectively.
- ProWritingAid, like any other editing software, has generated more writing reports.
- The editing tool highlights repetition, ambiguous terminology, phrase length variation, passive voice, and complex sentence constructs.
- It needs more than solid grammar to write well. Style tips help you write with more strength and clarity.
- ProWritingAid, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $20 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit ProWritingAid.
Ginger, a Grammarly alternative, is a straightforward grammar and spellchecker. This Grammarly alternative offers two plans: Free and Premium, each with its own set of Features.
The free plan is an excellent place to start. The Premium package gives you access to the majority of its sophisticated Features.
- Correct your texts, improve your style and boost your creativity with Ginger, the AI-powered writing assistant.
- Multiple errors are corrected at once and rephrases and synonyms on numerous websites.
- Ginger isn’t only about spelling and grammar. It considers entire sentences when recommending context-based adjustments.
- Complete corporate and academic writing rules and user-friendly widgets that detect costly errors.
- Ginger’s Writing Center is like having your editor at your disposal.
- Ginger lets you swiftly translate your text into various languages, including Spanish, German, Japanese, and more.
- Allow Ginger’s AI to offer creative options for delivering your desired message.
- It’s very effective for shortening long sentences.
- When you double-click a word on any page, you’ll be presented with a wide range of synonyms and expressions to help you find the right match.
- Ginger will offer recommendations when you’re tweeting, writing on Gmail, composing a Word document, or wherever else you’re writing.
- Ginger, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $14 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Ginger.
Readable, a Grammarly alternative, is a content marketing platform that assists organizations with content optimization. On a ranking of Zero to Hundred, this score checker indicates how readable your text is.
Readable was created to assist writers in improving the readability of their content and increasing revenues. Readable is powered by sophisticated algorithms that provide speedy score results.
- Paste your content into our web-based software to receive immediate feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- All of your text files, including Word documents, Open Office documents, PDFs, Markdown documents, and even eBooks, will be scored.
- You can analyze a whole website using its sitemap or RSS feed in only a few minutes.
- Send your test marketing emails to your email address for a complete readability assessment.
- To score significant volumes of stuff at once, upload text or URLs in bulk.
- The world’s most trusted and respected readability algorithms were used to assess readability.
- We look for adverbs, passive voice, cliches, and check spelling and grammar.
- To maintain a consistent voice, keep an eye on the emotion and tone of your writing.
- Keep an eye on the keyword density in your material to appear relevant to search engines.
- With our comprehensive API, you can integrate readability into your website CMS or another program.
- With Dropbox and Slack apps, you can make readability scoring available anywhere.
- Readable, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $4 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Readable.
4. WhiteSmoke (Pros and Cons)
WhiteSmoke (WS), a Grammarly alternative that works in browsers, Microsoft Word, and macOS Sierra, is another formidable option. This grammar and spelling checker has received rave reviews for its affordable prices and comprehensive Features.
- Students, professional writers, CEOs, bloggers, government personnel, and English learners use WhiteSmoke Software.
- Whitesmoke will assist you in completing the work correctly and confidently.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology underpins WhiteSmoke’s products, including patented artificial intelligence and text analysis techniques.
- Whitesmoke’s technology is also available through other means.
- It comprises browser-based text editors and customized OEM versions with third-party service providers.
- Other characteristics include.
- Hundreds of previously unnoticed mistakes are discovered.
- The redesigned layout’s effectiveness and user experience have been evaluated and validated.
- Rebuilt from the ground up to boost performance and provide more details on each issue.
- Hundreds of feature and content upgrades are included in the packages.
- WhiteSmoke, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $5 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit WhiteSmoke.
1Checker, a Grammarly alternative, is a proofreading tool for detecting and correcting grammatical, spelling, and style mistakes. It provides extensive explanations for each error, allowing you to avoid making the same mistake in the future.
- Our cutting-edge AI (artificial intelligence) technology and powerful engine are powered by our unique cutting-edge AI (artificial intelligence) technologies.
- 1Checker can detect and correct your spelling, grammatical, and style mistakes in a matter of seconds.
- Each inaccuracy is accompanied by a detailed, professional, and easy-to-understand explanation.
- 1Checker assists you in learning from your mistakes, avoiding them in the future, and improving your English day by day.
- All of your historical revisions and writing statistics are saved in your User Center.
- 1Checker assists you in refining and shining by providing you with an informative diagnosis of where you may improve your writing.
- 1Checker has its own “brain” and offers you suggestions for better language to polish your post.
- 1Checker is equipped with its own “brain.” It makes ideas for better wording to help you refine your content.
- 1Checker, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $0 per month. Yes, it’s free.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit 1Checker.
Out of all the Grammarly alternative, Jetpack features a one-of-a-kind user interface. The software reads the text and highlights red, green, and blue words.
The red mark denotes misspelled words and words misused in context. The green icon indicates grammatical errors, while the blue sign provides writing style suggestions.
- Your site is automatically backed up in real-time, and you can restore it to any point in time with a single click.
- Perform malware and security assessments for other code risks automatically.
- With Akismet’s anti-spam tools, you can prevent spam comments and form responses.
- Use brute force attack protection to protect your WordPress login page from brute force attacks.
- Watch the uptime and downtime of the website and receive an email alert for any changes.
- Millions of sites use WordPress.com’s secure login, including optional 2FA (two-factor authentication) for added security.
- Use it in conjunction with WP Super Cache for maximum WordPress site speed.
- Advanced site statistics and analytics to assist you in better understanding your target audience.
- Share Instagram posts easily on your Facebook pages and blog entries.
- The ad network will automatically identify high-quality advertising for you and post it on your site.
- With the official Blogger mobile app, you can manage Jetpack features anywhere.
- Related articles Keep website visitors by automatically presenting them material that is relevant to their interests.
- Jetpack, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $5 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Jetpack.
Quillbot, a Grammarly alternative, aims to create artificial intelligence capable of paraphrasing generation on par with humans. It enables people to communicate more simply and effectively.
It isn’t quite the same as Grammarly, but it can efficiently rewrite complete sentences. Quillbot also features a summarizer tool that can assist you in condensing introductory sentences for usage at the end of your post.
- Text is presented in a more refined and professional manner.
- Text is presented in a way that most people can understand.
- Changes the meaning of ideas by expressing them in an entirely new way.
- Removes unnecessary words to provide a concise idea.
- Increases sentence length by adding additional detail and depth.
- Change more of your writing with Synonyms.
- Simply click on it to get the proper synonyms for any term in your work.
- QuillBot is a Google Docs and Chrome Extension integration. There’s no need to switch windows when you wish to edit text.
- QuillBot’s paraphraser aids you in writing more effectively, quickly, and clearly.
- QuillBot is used by students, writers, and professionals who want to improve their writing skills.
- Quillbot, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $8 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Quillbot.
EasyBib, a Grammarly alternative, is a superior option because it is less expensive and focuses on citation creation. Neil Taparia created a solution that would simplify citing sources and avoid plagiarism.
For students, EasyBib’s grammar checker isn’t as good as Grammarly’s, but it excels in creating citations. Students, scholars, and authors will find it helpful.
- EasyBib is an easy-to-use and instructive information literacy platform that offers citation, note-taking, and research capabilities.
- EasyBib is precise, quick, and comprehensive, and it teaches educators and students how to become more successful and organized researchers.
- To avoid unintended plagiarism, scan your paper the way your teacher would.
- Receive input on your paper’s central concept, structure, and conclusion from writing experts within 24 hours.
- Our computers detect grammatical and literary errors and make intelligent recommendations.
- The papers you provide will be added to our plagiarism database and used internally to enhance our plagiarism results.
- Other characteristics include:
- Check for plagiarism in your paper.
- Get assistance with over 7,000 different citation formats, including APA 6.
- Look for advanced grammatical mistakes.
- Create and preserve in-text citations.
- EasyBib, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $10 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit EasyBib.
PaperRater, a Grammarly alternative, is a cloud-based grammar editor and plagiarism detector similar to Grammarly. Its AI-powered tools can evaluate text in a matter of seconds.
They point up spelling and grammar mistakes, explain each one, and offer helpful ideas for improvement. You can write content that people will enjoy and share if you use this Grammarly alternative.
- It gives you an Originality Score, which tells you your paper is an original percentage.
- Our service uses the most up-to-date grammar and spelling corrections software on the market.
- It’s a cloud-based solution that uses machine learning and statistical models to identify flaws in context.
- The automated proofreader works 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and produces results in seconds.
- There are no sign-ups or logins necessary. Therefore, there are no roadblocks in your path.
- We have a different tool called the Vocabulary Builder that gives you a term, its description, and examples of applying it in real-life situations.
- The automated proofreader comprises several modules that show text analysis and comparisons with students of similar educational levels.
- Essay grading software
- Our development team has built automatic essay assessment systems in the past.
- You will be given a score that approximates the grade you will receive from your teacher.
- PaperRater, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $8 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit PaperRater.
10. Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word, a Grammarly alternative, includes intelligent technology that detects and corrects spelling and grammar errors. It also provides real-time writing tips while you create papers.
Microsoft Word can be downloaded separately or as part of Office 365. Over the years, Microsoft has improved Word’s usefulness and accuracy.
- Do you need to make a newsletter or a document available to the public? Convert your Word document onto a webpage with ease.
- Collaborate with people all across the world. With a single click, you may translate documents into your non-native language.
- A person is editing a Word document with a pen on a tablet.
- Incorporate 3D models straight into your book reports, nonprofit presentations, or other documents.
- Have text read back to you to see any errors readily. Reading comprehension can be improved with the use of learning tools.
- Young man using a Surface Pro in laptop mode while wearing headphones.
- Finding great sources has never been easier. To stay focused on your writing, read articles in the task pane.
- Microsoft Editor is more than just a spell checker and grammar checker. You can write with confidence.
- Microsoft Word, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $100 per year.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Microsoft Word.
Grammarly alternative, Reverso, is primarily a translation tool. You can paste your text into it, converting it into one of 15 languages.
It has a personal and collaborative dictionary to add your own often used terms and phrases. It also can check spelling and grammar.
- Instantly convert documents while maintaining their formatting. In 25+ languages, you can translate Word, PDF, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- To fine-tune your translation, use the built-in dictionaries: synonyms with a single click and context-sensitive translations.
- An AI-based spell-checker automatically revises your original texts, resulting in a higher-quality translation.
- With Reverso’s latest technology, you can enjoy natural-sounding, accurate translations.
- Enter a word or phrase to uncover many examples in context to help you grasp the differences between different translations.
- With the integrated AI-based Synonyms Dictionary, you may improve your writing (available in 13 languages).
- Neural Machine Translation (NMT) is already in use in some of the world’s most prestigious organizations and translation firms.
- To strengthen your oral skills, pay attention to how native speakers pronounce texts.
- Twelve languages, including French, Spanish, German, Arabic, and Japanese, conjugate verbs in all modes and tenses.
- Other features include the following.
- Quick and precise translation.
- Extremely powerful features.
- Longer texts should be translated.
- Translate papers in real-time (Word, PDF, PowerPoint)
- Premium is available across all Reverso language tools.
- Reverso, a Grammarly alternative, price starts at $0 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Reverso.
12. Slick Write
Slick Write, a Grammarly alternative, is a free program that allows you to check your work for grammar mistakes quickly. Slick Write can help you improve your writing skills.
There is no need to download or install any software. You can use the plugin to proofread your web material in Chrome and Firefox.
- They offer a 60-day free trial, far longer than other programs.
- When you choose a word in the editor, a pop-up window with associated information from Wiki and Google appears.
- With its superior sentence analysis, Slick Write improves the readability of your article.
- It lets you to create custom reports by selecting the app’s faults you want to fix.
- Slick Write comes with all of its features for free.
- Other features include:
- The grammar checker is relatively quick.
- Customizable feedback based on your preferences.
- We do not redistribute your materials.
- Enhance the impact of your reports.
- Enhance your academic performance.
- Make an effort to engage your audience.
- Slick Write, a Grammarly alternative, starts at $0 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Slick Write.
13. Google Docs
Google Docs, a Grammarly alternative, has a grammar and spelling checker that automatically checks grammar. As you type, it makes suggestions that you can accept or reject.
There is also a spelling and grammar check in the tools menu of the web-based program. Google Docs offers a novel approach to grammar by converting phrases from incorrect to correct English.
- Edit in real-time with easy sharing, and keep things going with comments, ideas, and action items.
- Smart Compose and other assistive features help you write faster and with fewer errors so that you can focus on your ideas.
- Spelling and grammatical suggestions, voice typing, and speedy document translation help you save time.
- Docs is cleverly integrated with your favorite Google apps, saving you time.
- Reply to comments in Gmail, insert charts from Google Sheets, and share quickly with Google Meet.
- You can search the web and Google Drive for relevant articles and photos directly from Docs.
- Everyone in Docs is working on the most recent version of a document.
- Even if you don’t have access to the internet, you can access, create, and edit Docs, allowing you to stay creative from anywhere.
- Google Docs, a Grammarly alternative, starts at $12 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Google Docs.
A WordPress, a Grammarly alternative, plugin that adjusts your blog material as you write it is the next Grammarly alternative. This handy editor checks, edits, and updates the text in real-time right from the WordPress interface.
Basic editing features like grammar and spelling correction are included in the software. You won’t choose between American, British, or Canadian English.
- Send new posts to Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets automatically, and provide social sharing features to make it more comfortable for users to share.
- With extensive metrics, you can learn more about your visitors’ origins, what they read, and when they visit.
- With built-in sitemaps and SEO tools, you can make it simple for new followers to find you. All you need to do is press the publish button.
- Our editor is quick and easy to use, and it saves your work every few seconds, so you don’t miss a word.
- Images can be dragged and dropped into posts and pages. Create photo galleries that are worthy of a designer. Audio, video and other media can be embedded.
- With mobile and desktop apps for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux, you can update your site anywhere.
- There are hundreds of customized themes to choose from, with new ones added every week.
- WordPress, a Grammarly alternative, starts at $4 per month.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit WordPress.
Even though it has been around for a long time, Antidote, a Grammarly alternative, is a lesser-known grammar checker. Antidote’s team just launched version 10 of this program.
It has many similarities to the other tools in this book, but it also has distinct capabilities. You can either paste a document into Antidote or use their Word plugin.
- Works on your computer without the need for an internet connection.
- The corrector highlights your content with a more user-friendly, straightforward, and functional interface.
- Thanks to detecting new sorts of wordy structures, your writing will have even more punch.
- More terms and even sentence reformulations are now available in tooltips, especially filters.
- Make Antidote’s corrector your ideal writing buddy by adding your own rules.
- New examples have been carefully chosen to demonstrate which prepositions go with a word based on its various meanings.
- Smishing, cleantech, and non-fungible token are examples of new terms and expressions.
- You may quickly find the perfect rhyme or the smoothest by the new dictionary of rhymes and near rhymes.
- Professional writers would appreciate the powerful grammar checking features.
- Supports English in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, and France.
- Those who loathe monthly subscriptions would love this.
- Antidote, a Grammarly alternative, starts at $60 per year.
- For more information on plans and prices, visit Antidote.
There’s always that one tool that fits like a glove for you when it comes to Grammarly alternatives to help you generate better content. Alternatives to Grammarly can only help you to a certain amount. They can only check your content’s grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Try out all Grammarly options to find which one works best for you.
Why Would You Need A Grammarly Alternative?
Consider a Grammarly option if you have specific criteria for your work or are on a budget. A content marketing team might discover Writer.com to be a good fit for their needs. There are numerous solutions available for people with a limited budget for software development. They will still help you check your work, even if they aren’t as powerful as Grammarly.
How Much Does Grammarly Cost?
USD 30 each month for a monthly subscription. The cost of a quarterly subscription is USD 60 for three months (billed as one payment) USD 144 for a one-year subscription (billed as one payment)
What’s Unique About Whitesmoke Compared To Grammarly?
On the other hand, Grammarly adjusts to your writing style over time, whereas Whitesmoke does not. Grammarly only supports one language, but Whitesmoke supports many more. Grammarly comes with a plagiarism checker. However, Whitesmoke does not.
Is There Anything Better Than Grammarly?
ProWritingAid, WhiteSmoke, and Ginger are the best Grammarly alternatives for consumers that require sophisticated capabilities. LanguageTool and Reverso are the finest solutions for people who want to execute translations and error checks in different languages.