AMD Radeon is an excellent package tool for providing an easy-to-use interface to access quick settings and features in one place. It is a very useful tool to improve the user experience. Especially for gamers by providing a great output display with a crisp finish.
But recently, a lot of users have complained that they are unable to use and access AMD Radeon settings. Therefore, today we are going to cover all the important and easy fixes for AMD Radeon Settings Not Opening issue.
What Causes the “AMD Radeon Settings Not Opening” Issue?
Most computer application errors are caused by faulty drivers or an error prompt. This could be the reason why AMD Radeon settings won’t open for you error. Other reasons causing this error could be outdated windows operating system, mismatched drivers or incompatible AMD Radeon graphics settings. These are subtle errors that can be worrying, and they can be easily fixed using the methods we have mentioned below.
How to fix “AMD Radeon Settings Not Opening” issue?
The error causing AMD Radeon settings not opening for windows 10 is outdated windows, outdated drivers, and incompatible graphics card settings. So, fixing these issues should fix the error for us.
Fix AMD Radeon Settings Won’t Open After Update:
- Update your Windows system
- Perform a clean install of your AMD Radeon graphics card
- Restore the video card driver to its previous state
- Change the AMD recording setting
Update your Windows system
It is very important to check if your Windows system is up to date. If it is not updated then update it because the old version can be problematic for you. To check for updates and install updates, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Windows Settings by searching.
- From the upper-right corner of the Settings window, click Windows Update.
- In the next window, you will see a button that says Check for updates. Click on it.
- If any updates are available, install them.
Now, finally, check if this fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, then continue with the next steps.
Perform a clean install of your AMD Radeon graphics card
If it doesn’t seem like updating windows is working for you. Then try reinstalling AMD Radeon graphics after cleaning up the leftovers from your old AMD Radeon graphics card.
To remove AMD Radeon files from your system, you will be required to install one additional application which is AMD Cleanup Utility. AMD Cleanup Utility helps clean up your system by deleting AMD audio drivers, Radeon applications, and graphics drivers. You can download AMD Cleanup Utility from the link here.
Once the AMD Cleanup Utility is installed, follow these steps:
- Now, run AMD Cleanup Utility. Once you do that, you will see a dialog asking you to put your system into safe mode as follows:
- You can choose either yes or no as per your wish. But it is highly recommended to put your system in safe mode.
- After that, it will give you a warning that it will delete AMD and AMD Radeon utilities. So go ahead, okay, agree to remove AMD.
- Finally, you will see a dialog asking you to restart your system to complete the process. So, let him restart your computer, and you’ll be good to go.
Now, we will install AMD Radeon again on our system. For this, follow these steps:
- You can install AMD Radeon again on your system using the official link given here.
- Once you go to the official website, you will see the Download Now button.
- You can even select the product you want. Select that and complete the installation.
Now, check if this fixes the problem.
Restore the video card driver to its previous state
Often times, updated or newly installed drives cause undetected errors. This problem also remains out of the sight of users because most of them want to update their system drivers. But the newly updated driver settings may conflict with the application. So, downgrading may help you fix this issue. To restore the video card driver to the previous state, follow the steps listed below:
- Open the playback tool.
- come in now
devmgmt.mscin the input window and press enter. The device manager will open for you.
- Go to Display adapters.
- Right-click on the display driver you want to undo.
- Select Display driver properties to set it to the previous state or roll it back.
- Now, just click on the Driver tab and select Rollback.
He will put your driver before the stage as mentioned in front of him. Rolling back the driver to its previous state should solve your problem. And if not, try the next method.
Change the AMD recording setting
If there is a mismatch, and the problem is due to incompatibility of AMD Radeon and driver. Then you should try to edit the registry files of AMD. So, to fix that, follow these steps:
- Open the playback tool.
- Now, search regedit to open Registry Editor.
- Go to the next site
- Now try to find out Version.
- Once you locate it, right-click on it and click Modify.
- Change the DriverVersion value data to 0 and apply the changes to avoid other things.
Now, after completing all the steps, the next thing that you need to do is to end all AMD related processes from Task Manager.
For this, just search the task manager from the search window. Open it and end all running processes of AMD.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I fix Radeon settings that are currently unavailable?
If you are having trouble using Radeon settings. Then try to update your windows operating system, update or rollback the drivers, and install a new version of AMD Radeon for your system.
What Causes AMD Radeon Additional Settings Not Opening Issue?
The most common reason behind this error is malfunctioning or faulty drivers. Apart from this, other issues may be outdated Windows operating system, incompatible drivers, or corrupt registry files.
Q3: How do I open AMD Radeon Settings?
To open AMD Radeon Settings: Desktop -> AMD Radeon Settings -> Radeon Settings Icon -> AMD Radeon Settings -> Additional Radeon Settings.