There could be many reasons behind losing or deleting photos you want to save forever. It may happen due to insufficient space on the device or SD card. Maybe because of an accident that damages the storage of your phone or the folder.
If you use digital devices, avoiding these situations is next to impossible. All you can do to overcome this situation is to gain knowledge on android data recovery.
So, if you are looking for methods that can resolve the issue of lost or deleted photos, then look no further. Ahead are various ways that might work for you.
Can You Recover Deleted Photos From Android Gallery?
If you are using an android phone and thinking about whether you can recover your lost data or not, the answer is yes. By lost data, we mean the gallery photos available on your device. After doing extensive research about it, it turns out that your deleted photos are not lost.
If you delete the photos, they might get hidden from you. For instance, there is a recycle bin in the latest android. But they are completely deleted only after new photos occupy the storage space. Or if the time limit in the recycle bin enters. In short, your old photos are recoverable unless you capture new photos.
So, if you find yourself in a situation where your photos are lost, keep the following things in your mind:
- Do not perform any activity on your phone till your data recovers. Activities that you should avoid include taking photos or sending and receiving messages.
- Prefer using a powerful android data recovery app or tool that can restore your photos. For the photo recovery process, you will need a computer.
If you take care of these two points, you can move ahead with the recovery process.
How To Recover Deleted Photos From Android Gallery?
- Use The Google Photos App To Recover The Photos
- Recover Deleted Photos Using Google Drive
- Recover The Deleted Photos From Internal Storage
- Use Inbuilt Android Backup Services
- Use Dropbox To Restore The Deleted Photos
1. Use The Google Photos App To Recover The Photos
All android smartphones have the Google Photos app as a default app. It is an app that allows you to view photos on your mobile. You can also organize your photo gallery through this app.
If you use this app frequently and the sync feature is on, you can recover the photos on your phone. It is so because the sync feature backs up the photos in Google Drive Account. So, to recover the lost photos, follow these steps:
- Open the screen of your android phone and tap on the Google Photos icon.
- Open the Menu option. You may find it in the upper left corner. From the small menu, tap on the Trash button. In the updated android version, you will find the menu in the bottom right corner.
(Trash bin stores the deleted photos for 60 days)
- Select the photo you want to recover by touching and holding the photo.
- Select the Restore option to recover the selected photo.
You can repeat these steps for all the photos you want to recover. But make sure that you recover the photos within 60 days of deleting them.
2. Recover Deleted Photos Using Google Drive
Google drive is a marvelous creation by the Google family. It lets you back up your phone’s data on Google’s cloud storage. Keep in mind for Google drive to save your photos, and the sync feature must be on.
So, if you have deleted any photo by mistake, you can restore it in a blink from Google drive by following these steps:
- Launch the Google Drive application on your android phone.
- Make sure to log in through the Google account on which your photos are usually backed up.
- Once clicked or saved on your device, all photos will be visible in the Google Drive app.
- Select the photos that you want to recover back to your android gallery.
- Click on the download option to download the selected pictures to your device.
As an alternate way:
- You can select the three horizontal lines icon on the top left corner to open the menu.
- From the Menu, click on the Trash option. An item you deleted within the last 30 days will be visible there.
- Select and recover the photos that you want to recover.
These methods are effective only if you have enabled your mobile’s backup & sync option. You can use the third-party app solutions if you have not enabled the backup & sync option on your mobile.
Remember that you can also use this for the Microsoft OneDrive app if you have that active on your phone.
3. Recover The Deleted Photos From Android Internal Storage
Most users save their photos on an internal device. So, to recover those photos, you will have to use recovery software. Before starting with any software, ensure that USB debugging is on in your device. Also, do not forget to root your Android phone. Rooting software comes in handy to root an Android phone.
To recover the deleted images from the internal storage of your device:
- Find an authentic source to download Android recovery software on your PC.
- Root your Android phone and connect it with your PC.
- Run the software on your device.
- Select the Android device to perform the scanning.
- Now follow up on the instructions and prompts provided to you in the software.
By following through with the instructions, you will, without any doubt, recover your photos.
4. Use Inbuilt Android Backup Services
You can recover your lost photos through the inbuilt services of your Android phone. Manufacturers included this feature because losing data by mistake is very common.
There is a phone’s cloud backup option where you can back up your external or internal data. The one minor drawback is the location of this backup function differs from phone to phone.
Locations of some ordinary android phones are given below:
For Xiaomi Phones:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Additional Settings.
- Select Backup & Reset.
- From here, you can restore your photos.
For Samsung Phones:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to Cloud & Accounts and select Backup & restore from there.
- Now you can select the photos that you want to restore.
For LG Phones:
- Launch Settings.
- Select Backup & Reset.
- Open LG Backup Service. From here, you will get guidance related to restoring your lost photos.
Make sure you have turned on the feature of backup & restore or backup & sync on your respective device. Without turning the feature on, you won’t be able to restore your photos.
5. Use Dropbox To Restore The Deleted Photos
Just like Google Drive and Google Photos, Dropbox also backs up the data of your Android device. You can recover your photos by following these steps:
- Log in with your account on Dropbox.
- Navigate to Files.
- Open Deleted File Option.
- Select the photos you want to restore and tap on the Restore option.
Wait for the process to complete. Your deleted photos will get restored in no time. It is important to allow Dropbox to back up the data for this method to work. You can’t restore your deleted images if the Back up & sync option is off.
So, now you can restore your png, Jpg, or even WhatsApp images if you follow these guidelines. Always make sure to backup files. These are some of the solutions that have proven effective in recovering lost photos. Recovering the photos is easier if you switch the backup & sync options. It would help if you used third-party apps to restore those not backed up.
But ensure that the source is authentic. Also, check if the application is compatible with Android devices or not. Try not to use android photo recovery apps too much.
You can also seek professional help by visiting the service center if nothing works. Such service providers have professional tools that can recover your data. These services come in handy when your phone gets broken and is not in working condition.
Can I Restore The Permanently Deleted Photos On My Android Phone?
Yes, various solutions can help restore the photos that got deleted. But to restore the permanently deleted ones, you will need to seek third-party app help. You can find plenty of third-party apps that can do the job for you. Make sure that you download these apps from an authentic source.
Can You Restore Photos From Google Drive Or Google Photos?
There is a trash bin option in both Google Photos and Google Drive. The only drawback is that the deleted photos remain in the bin for 30 days or sometimes for 6o days. But these applications only work if the backup & sync is on.
What Should I Do If I Can’t Find Gallery’s Deleted Photos In Google Drive Or Google Photos?
You can contact the Google Drive Support Team if you can’t find the deleted photos. Also, you can use recovery software for photos. Such software help retrieve the lost images from the internal or external storage.
What Does Rooting An Android Device Mean?
When you root an Android device, it allows you to gain your phone’s root access to the code. The code you attain through rooting is Android operating system code. With the help of this code, you can alter the software code on your Android device.