Java is one of the most powerful programming languages which is currently used for development in three billion devices and approximately 70 lakh developers use it daily. It has been a vital component in developing a plethora of applications. It offers some amazing features like simple to learn and understand, highly secure, platform independence, extremely secure, and a lot more.
Java IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is a software application that provides feasibility to users in writing and debugging Java programs. By using these IDEs you can save a lot of time and effort throughout the development process. There is an innumerable IDE of Java that offers astonishing features and choosing the best one from them is really challenging. But don’t worry we are here to rescue you with our list of seven best IDEs.
This blog will discuss the 7 best Java IDE for developers in 2022
- IntelliJ IDEA
So, let us get started:
- It is cross-platform that runs on macOS, Linux, and Windows.
- Eclipse provides features like Editing, Browsing, Debugging, and Refactoring.
- It supports extensive debugging features that allow you to debug both remotely and locally.
NetBeans is an integrated development environment for Java. It is an amazing IDE with a user rating of 4.1 out of 5 and user satisfaction of a massive 82%. It runs on Windows, Linux, macOS, and Solaris. It has the presence of inbuild tools that add value to the whole software development lifecycle from product design to deployment. Some key features of NetBeans are:
- It detects errors and provides you with smart code compilation features.
- From NetBeans, you can directly create, debug, deploy and test the applications.
- It has really simple and easy management features.
- It has amazing code comparison features that help you to write similar code simultaneously.
BlueJ is an integrated development environment for the Java programming language. It is a free java IDE that was started in 1999 by John Rosenberg and Michael Kolling. As per the latest survey, BlueJ has a user satisfaction rating of 4.2 and an amazing user satisfaction of 80%. It was developed initially for educational and training purposes.
- It provides robust debugging options as errors are indicated at the bottom of the screen.
- It is really simple, easy, and convenient to work on.
- It runs on Mac OS, Linux, and windows.
- It offers many innovative features like a code pad, scope coloring, and object bench.
To know more about this amazing IDE click here.
- It has extensive debugging features that allow users to quickly check audit rules and fix minor issues directly.
- It can be used on platforms like Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- It has an amazing web development environment that offers drag-and-drop functionality which makes application design convenient.
5. IntelliJ IDEA
IntelliJ IDEA is among the most popular IDE that comprises more than 33% of the market share. It has tools like a version control system, frameworks, and support for different languages. As per the latest report, IntelliJ IDEA has a magnificent user rating of 4.3 and massive user satisfaction of 89%. Some astonishing features of this IDE are:
- It has a smart code completion feature that provides the feasibility to complete code with ease.
- Enhanced debugging features that allow you to code in a more efficient manner.
- It has really strong integration with application servers.
To get more information about working with this IDE visit the Geeks for Geeks IntelliJ IDEA application.
JCreator is a Java IDE which is developed by Xinox Software. Its interface is quite similar to Microsoft Visual Studio. It is written entirely in C++ hence it is really efficient and faster as compared to other IDEs of Java. Some key features of JCreator are:
- It is present in three different versions which include Pro Edition (Pro), Lite Edition (LE), and Lite-Pro Edition.
- It provides users with enhanced functionalities such as code completion, debugging project management, debugger, syntax highlighting, etc.
- It is the best java IDE for beginners due to its smaller size and higher speed.
DrJava is an extremely light-weighted IDE of Java that is designed, developed, and maintained by the JavaPLT group at Rice University. It has an inbuilt debugger and provides support for testing through Junit. It also offers automatic indentation, automatic completion, commenting and it integrates flawlessly with Eclipse through the plugin. Some key features of DrJava are:
- It is really light-weighted that fosters faster execution.
- It has an amazing interaction feature that allows each class to be executed separately making troubleshooting flawless.
- It has a consistent appearance on different platforms.