Live reaction to the fullest
In this post, we will cover 9 ways you can use React in 2022 to build applications. These can range from video streaming services to text editors.
The great thing about React is It is undisclosed and because of that there are a wide range of possibilities that you can take on the way You are I want to.
In case you don’t know some of the technologies out there for your use case, here’s a quick list to help you get started with React today:
- GatsbyJS is the most popular framework for building static websites with a strong focus on SEO. It is fast, flexible and helps you develop web applications with React. He has kept up to date with the latest technology over the years as well as applying best practices to search engine algorithms that are constantly changing.
- NextJS is one of the most popular frameworks for building hybrid static and server web applications that also uses React.
Gatsby, The New York Times, and Twilio used ink on their projects.
It has a great selection of built-in components as well as community-created components that are ready to use and if you want to go further, you can create your own ink component and share it with the ink community!
Here is an example of the ink used:
If you have ever thought about making your own desktop application, there are some libraries that might be able to help you.
Electron is one of the most used libraries in the NodeJS community for creating native desktop applications. When you combine interacting with it it becomes a powerful combination because it makes it fun and easier while still being able to build complex programs!
React NodeGUI is slowly gaining popularity for bringing interactivity directly into the desktop development experience, powered by Qt5.
If you decide to go this route, it’s worth noting that some of these libraries are great companions to the above:
- Interactive Desktop provides a set of ready-to-use interaction components to provide an authentic desktop experience that features several components of Windows 10 and macOS Sierra:
Mac OS Sierra:
- Dom Interactive Router can help route your pages with a file
HashRouterCreated for file-based environments or
BrowserRouterFor on-demand environments. This is great because it allows users to go back to their previous steps.
- Blueprint is another interaction-based component library that provides components optimized for building complex data-driven interfaces for desktop applications:
You can combine GatsbyJS, NextJS, or literally any other UI framework to use interaction apps and build yourself that can play videos or even provide a seamless video streaming experience.
First, here are some libraries that can help play videos on your web pages:
- React Player is a React component to play videos from a variety of URLs including file paths, YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, and others. It is a smart component that is loaded with appropriate tags and external SDKs to play media from different sources.
- Video reaction software is also another reaction component to play videos
- Interactive video recorder is an interaction component that allows you to record video clips.
- Interact-Video-Progress is an interaction component that can help show the duration progress of videos at their frame limits:
- React-Modal-Video can help you play videos on modal
- twilio-video allows you to add real time audio and video chat in your apps. This allows multiple people to join the same chat room and get a Zoom-like experience.
You can combine this experience together to create video-on-demand (VOD) experiences for your users.
AWS Elemental MediaConvert can help format and compress your videos for delivery to connected devices or TVs using high-quality video transcoding technology to create video-on-demand assets for any device. It does this using the latest transcoding technology developed by Apple and Microsoft to standardize a format that can be used by all users. You will also have to use S3 to create buckets (one for input and one for output) and then use a function to run the pipeline for MediaConvert to store the output. These videos are captured by the CDN that you attach to that collection and can be streamed by your video players. This sounds like a great project to use with Interact!
If you want to get started creating cheat sheets in React, here is a library you can check out:
React csheets is an interactive library for the purpose of generating cheat sheets using snippets. It uses a drag and drop API to make smooth transitions between excerpts and has more than 20 themes to decorate your excerpts.
I’m sure most of you reading this have been using the internet for a while, so surely you’ve had hands-on experience with text editors before. It turns out that it is not so simple to create. But you can quickly start creating your own library by interacting with readily available libraries:
DraftJS is a library created by the Facebook team that allows you to create rich text editors using… you guessed it: React! It takes a while to get used to, but once you get started it’s really motivating to keep going when you notice progress.
Writing documents should be easy and straightforward. Fortunately, there are some interactivity-driven tools that help make things programmatically easier.
You can search docusaurus if you haven’t already.
Docusaurus is an interactive library that provides an API for quickly creating optimized websites and helps you focus on your content more than organizing your pages. It was developed by engineers at Facebook (now known as Meta). You can write your content in markdown or mdx and docusaurus will then generate static html files ready for viewing. Combine it with a very fast search component like Algolia and you will have a very happy audience 🙂
There’s also Storybook, a great interactive library for building UI components and pages in isolation. The cool part about this approach is that it’s also naturally great at creating documentation if you have multiple components to document:
In modern technology, mobile apps have become one of the most popular and universal technologies to search for information as well as communicate with others, so they are all very much in the rage these days.
React Native is another library built from Facebook that allows you to write in React to build native apps for Android and iOS.
Well known companies like Coinbase, Shopify, Discord, and even Walmart all use React Native in development.
And that ends this post! I hope you found this valuable and are looking for more in the future!