You may take advantage of the excellent convenience that the Xbox 360 Controller provides. You’ve probably experienced the situation where the “Xbox 360 controller not working on pc” issue arises while you’re playing video games.
Connecting an Xbox 360 Controller to the PC is not as simple as plugging in a cable. To utilize your Xbox 360 Controller with your Windows 10 PC, you’ll need an Xbox 360 Controller Driver, just like any other device. The Xbox 360 Driver is available for download from the official website. The driver is available for download for free.
Solution To Fix “Xbox 360 Controller Not Working On Pc”?
You’ll need to make sure you’re utilizing a USB port. If you attach your wired Xbox 360 Controller to the USB port on the front of your computer, it may cause “Xbox 360 controller not working on pc”.
To resolve any potential troubles with your wired Xbox 360 Controller, connect it to the USB connection on the back of your computer, as those ports are typically powered USB ports.
It’s also recommended that you not connect the wired Xbox 360 Controller to a USB hub because most USB hubs don’t have powered USB connections. Both wireless and wired Xbox Controllers are consistent with Windows 10. Using an Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10 is a terrific way to save money.
Although the Xbox 360 Controller may have some issues with Windows 10, the majority of them may be simply resolved by the following methods.
- Uncheck Power Management
- Check Xbox 360 Controller battery
- Update Xbox 360 Controller drivers
- Perform Windows Update
- Change a USB port
1. Uncheck Power Management
It’s conceivable that your power management is causing the Xbox 360 controller to stop working or connecting to Windows 10; therefore, unchecking it could be a good solution.
- Right-click Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows 10 under Xbox Peripherals to open the Properties window.
- Navigate to the Power Management tab and uncheck the box. To save energy, allow the computer to turn off this gadget. Then press OK.
2. Check Xbox 360 Controller battery
First, check the Xbox 360 Controller’s batteries are in good working order on Windows 10. You can choose to finish this step by inserting a fresh AA battery pack into the Xbox 360 Controller.
Alternatively, if you use the Xbox wireless 360 Controller, you should replace the old power pack with a new Xbox 360 Controller battery pack.
You can also recharge the battery pack to see if the Xbox 360 Controller is working properly if you use rechargeable batteries.
3. Update Xbox 360 Controller drivers (Device Manager Window)
If the “Xbox 360 controller not working on pc”, the error continues to occur on your PC; the Xbox 360 Controller drivers are likely malfunctioning. You should upgrade the Xbox 360 Controller wireless or wired drivers to the most recent version to avoid driver corruption, missing, or interference.
- By tapping Windows Key + X and selecting Device Manager from the menu, you may access the Device Manager program.
- Find Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows 10 under the Xbox 360 Peripherals section.
- If you still can’t find the correct driver for your Xbox 360 Controller, look in Other Devices or Network Adapters.
- Uninstall Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows by right-clicking it.
- If you choose Scan for hardware changes or just restart the PC, Windows 10 will install a new Xbox 360 Controller driver for you.
4. Perform Windows Update
If your “Xbox 360 controller is not working” on the computer, you can use the Windows 10 built-in utility to update the Xbox 360 Controller driver, which will fix the problem.
- From the corner, select the Start (Windows) button.
- Go to the settings menu (gear icon).
- Choose the Update & Security option.
- In the left sidebar, pick the Windows Update tab (circular arrows)
- Check for updates by selecting the “Check for updates” option. If an update is available, it will start downloading automatically.
- Don’t worry if you don’t see an update; this page will notify you if your hardware is incompatible right now.
- You’ll need to restart Windows to complete the update, but you can do it later if it’s not urgent.
5. Change a USB port
You might try connecting your Xbox 360 Controller to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on another computer. Examine whether the Xbox 360 Controller’s lack of a stable connection with Windows 10 is due to a faulty USB port.
To test your Xbox 360 Controller, try plugging it into various USB ports. By connecting the Xbox 360 Controller to a new USB receiver, you may resolve the blinking or flashing issues.
How do I fix Xbox 360 controllers driver Software issues on Windows 10?
- Install the driver manually
- Uninstall the driver
1. Install the driver manually
To connect your wireless Xbox 360 Controller to your computer, you’ll need to use a wireless receiver. Your “Xbox 360 controller not working on pc” Windows 10 unless the wireless receiver drivers are updated.
- Open the Device Manager program. By pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Device Manager from the menu, you may access Device Manager.
- Ensure your receiver is linked to your PC when the Device Manager opens.
- Expand the Other Devices section by navigating to it. Choose Update Driver Software from the menu when you right-click the Unknown device.
- Look for driver software on my computer by clicking Browse my machine.
- Now select Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer from the drop-down menu.
- A list of device drivers should appear. Click Next after selecting Xbox 360 peripherals.
- Select the most recent Receiver driver from the list and click Next. If a caution message appears, click OK and wait for the driver to download.
- For around 3 seconds, hold the pairing button on your Bluetooth receiver and the pairing button on your Xbox 360 Controller.
- Following the installation of the driver, your Xbox 360 Controller should function normally on Windows 10.
2. Uninstall the driver
The “Xbox 360 controller not working on PC” on Windows 10 is also due to a corrupt controller driver. Reinstalling a new Xbox 360 controller driver is an option. Follow the instructions below to do so.
- Press Win + X and pick Device Manager from the list to access the menu.
- Go to the View tab in the Device Manager window and click Show hidden devices to see all drivers.
- Uninstall the Xbox 360 controller driver by right-clicking it and selecting Uninstall device. When a warning notice appears, click the Uninstall button.
- To continue, select the checkbox for Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- After the uninstallation is done, restart your computer and plug in your Xbox 360 controller. If the latest Xbox 360 controller driver is available, Windows will install it automatically.
Xbox 360 Controller not working on Steam Windows 10
- Remove “Remember this application as a game in the Game overlay.”
- Disable Game DVR in Xbox app
- Turn off the Game bar
- Steam controller support
- Check Xbox Controller Support
1. Remove “Remember this application as a game in a Game overlay.”
The Xbox 360 Controller has been noted to have compatibility concerns with Steam. By pushing the center button on the Xbox 360 controller, gamers cannot access Steam functionality.
- The steam overlay should appear when you press the center button on your Xbox 360 Controller.
- While playing any Steam game, press the middle button on your Xbox 360 Controller.
- Uncheck. Remember this application as a game when the Windows Game overlay appears.
- After that, while playing games on Steam, the Windows Game overlay will be removed, and the Steam overlay should be restored.
2. Disable Game DVR in Xbox app
The Game DVR function in Windows 10 was once part of the Xbox app, and it’s based on the Xbox One’s equivalent feature. With “background recording,” Game DVR may automatically record a video of your PC gameplay in the background and save it to a file when you wish.
Regrettably, Game DVR consumes system resources. A slower computer may create the “Xbox 360 controller not working on pc” problem.
- Go to apps after opening settings.
- Scroll down until you see the Xbox entry under All Apps. Click the button once you’ve found it.
- Find the three horizontal lines in the corner of the Xbox screen as it appears.
- Scroll to the page to find the Settings option.
- Go to the Settings tab. Three unique options will show beneath the Settings header. Select Game DVR.
- A slider that indicates whether or not something is turned on. Game DVR should be visible while recording game clips and taking screenshots.
- Game DVR’s recording feature can be turned off by sliding it to the Off position.
3. Turn Off The Game Bar
Instead of using third-party software like OBS, the Windows 10 Game bar was included so that users may record and broadcast games using native tools. Regrettably, the Game bar is hit-or-miss. It works some of the time and causes issues at other times.
- To begin, go to Windows Settings. Click the “gear” icon in the Start menu or hold Windows + I on your keyboard.
- Click “Gaming” in the Windows Settings menu.
- Click the switch beneath “Enable Xbox Game Bar” until it is turned off under the “Xbox Game Bar” settings. The Xbox Game Bar will be disabled as a result.
- Select “Enable Xbox Game Bar” from the menu.
- Nothing happens when you press Windows+G. Nothing happens if you push the Xbox button on an Xbox controller. The Xbox Game Bar has been turned off completely.
- Return to the “Gaming” section of Windows Settings and toggle the “Enable Xbox Game Bar” to the “On” position to re-enable the Xbox Game Bar.
4. Steam controller support
The first thing you’ll need is to connect your controller to your computer. Some controllers, such as the Xbox 360, require a USB dongle to operate wirelessly, although many others work properly with Bluetooth.
- Open Steam, click “Steam” in the top-left corner, and then “Settings.”
- Click the “General Controller Settings” button on the “Controller” tab to open a new window.
- You can also alter controller functionality in specific settings, such as Steam’s Big Picture mode or on the desktop, via the “Controller” page.
- You may enable support for whichever controller you have attached in the Controller Settings box.
5. Check Xbox Controller Support
No matter how much you want a game to support a controller, it won’t. With a keyboard, you may play games like Among Us or Inside.
Check to see if the game you’re trying to play with the controller supports it. You may check this by heading to the game’s control/keyboard/mouse options.
It’s better not to try to play a game using a controller if it indicates it’s best played with a keyboard.
Fix Xbox 360 controller blinking buttons
- Ensure To Install latest updates
- Reconnect Xbox controller
1. Ensure To Install the latest updates
Users have experienced flickering buttons on Xbox 360Controller, and it’s recommended that you install the newest Windows 10 updates if you’re experiencing this problem.
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app.
- Download all available updates from the Windows Update area. Furthermore, you may wish to download optional updates because they are frequently meant to refresh your gaming devices and hardware.
- Restart the PC after the updates have been downloaded.
- Check to see if the problem has been resolved when your computer has restarted.
2. Reconnect Xbox controller
After Windows 10 comes up from Sleep Mode, users complain that their wired Xbox 360 Controller is blinking. You can solve the “Xbox 360 controller not working on pc” by unplugging it and reconnecting it to your computer.
If you’re using a wired Xbox 360 controller, this approach will work, but not if you’re using a wireless Xbox 360 controller. You might wish to reconnect your Bluetooth receiver after unplugging it.
You may also need to couple your wireless Xbox 360 Controller with your Bluetooth receiver by pushing the pairing button on both the Bluetooth receiver and the Xbox 360 Controller.
You can play games on any Windows machine. You can also use any game console with Windows 10. Xbox is one of the most famous consoles, and you can now connect it to your PC or laptop running Windows. Check if any of these solutions resolve the “Xbox 360 controller not working on pc” problem on Windows 10.
Why Can’t My Pc Detect My Xbox 360 Controller?
Locate the Unknown Device in Device Manager. Right-click it and click Update Driver Software from the drop-down menu. Look for driver software on my machine. Now choose from a list of drivers on my computer by clicking Let me choose from a list of drivers on my computer > Finish the installation by selecting Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class.
How Do I Get My PC To Recognize My Xbox 360 Controller?
Connect your Xbox 360 controller’s USB connector to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on your Windows PC. The Xbox 360 controller will then be automatically installed by Windows 10. Simply wait patiently for Windows to download or install the necessary driver software.
Why Is My 360 Controller Not Connecting?
Make sure your controller’s battery pack is attached correctly and plugged into one of the console’s USB ports. The console has USB ports on both the front and rear. If the controller works in a USB port but not in another, try another USB device in the port where the controller didn’t function.
Why Is My Xbox 360 Controller Blinking And Not Connecting?
You can solve the blinking Xbox 360 Controller by unplugging it and reconnecting it to your computer. This approach works if you’re using a wired Xbox 360 controller, but if you’re using a wireless Xbox 360 controller, you’ll need to unplug and reconnect your Bluetooth receiver.